Milestone is a licensed treatment foster care provider
MFH employs an integrative approach to therapeutic intervention. This is accomplished through psychological consultation, individual and group therapy, child and youth work and ongoing caregiver training and support.
Our Therapy And Counselling Team
Our comprehensive clinical team of registered MSWs, Psychotherapists, Expressive Art therapists, Play therapists, Child and Youth Workers and, students is headed by our Clinical Coordinator, Rachel Saunders. Our clinical team is available to provide direct therapeutic services to our children and youth in care.
Additionally, Dr. Tamara Berman, our consulting Psychologist, is available on an as-needed basis to consult with our service teams and to provide insight, support and, effective parenting strategies/recommendations. Dr. Berman assists foster parents and staff to understand the needs of children with complex emotional and/or behavioural issues.
Clinical Services Provided
- Individual/Group/Family counselling
- Play/Art therapy
- Emergency crisis response
- Foster parent counselling/consultations
- Behavioural programming
- Referrals to community agencies for specialized treatment
- Ages and Stages screening (ASQ) to support 0-6 development
- FASD community training and consultations